National Children’s Week at Captivate Dental
Children’s Week is coming again (from 22-31 October), and Captivate Dental wants everyone to know that children who start life with healthy teeth and good dental habits have a great chance of keeping them for life.
Practising good dental hygiene early helps children maintain an awesome smile and avoid dental issues that can lead to general complications over time.
Children’s Week is celebrated annually in the 4th week in October and focuses on children, their needs, and achievements.
In support of Children’s Week, your Moorabbin dentist shares the importance of looking after your children’s teeth from an early age.
Protect the Oral Health of your Children
Kids need to know how to look after their teeth and gums at a young age.
Here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Moorabbin dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Captivate Dental Can Help
At Captivate Dental, we are friendly, especially to children. We have a gentle approach to ease a child’s fear of dentistry. Once we have gained children’s trust , they are more comfortable visiting the clinic at their next appointment.
We maintain a child-friendly environment to help reduce potential anxieties.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is a government-funded health program that provides a benefit cap of $1,095 to cover basic dental services over 2 years for children between 2 and 17.
Don’t let your eligible children miss out on the CDBS’s benefit for basic dental services.
Oral health is important, and developing good dental and oral health habits in your children is one way to ensure a healthy life in the future.
Under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule, we bulk bill for dental services up to $1,095, so there is no GAP or out of pocket expense to you. Services include check-ups, x-rays, cleaning and polishing, fissure sealants, fillings, extractions and root canals.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Moorabbin
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,095 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at 46 Station Street in Moorabbin.