As the New Year arrives, most of us sit down and make a list of resolutions that hope to follow for the next year.
At Captivate Dental, we are no different.
At the end of each year, we remind ourselves of the core principles by which we practise dentistry, and resolve that we will keep them in mind and act on them, for the New Year and through the entire year.
First, we resolve to follow the dental code of conduct set forth by the Dental Board of Australia.
At Captivate Dental, we resolve to perform the “duty to make the care of patients or clients [our] first concern and to practise safely and effectively. Maintaining a high level of professional competence and conduct is essential for good care.”
The code contains important standards for practitioner behaviour in relation to:
- providing good care, including shared decision-making
- working with patients or clients
- working with other practitioners
- working within the healthcare system
- minimising risk
- maintaining professional performance
- professional behaviour and ethical conduct
- ensuring practitioner health
- teaching, supervising and assessing, and
The most relevant parts of this code are:
Making decisions about healthcare is the shared responsibility of the practitioner and the patients or clients (or their representative).
Relationships based on openness, trust and good communication will enable practitioners to work in partnership with their patients or clients. An important part of the practitioner-patient/client relationship is effective communication, in all forms, including in person, written and electronic.
Practitioners have ethical and legal obligations to protect the privacy of people requiring and receiving care. Patients or clients have a right to expect that practitioners and their staff will hold information about them in confidence.
Practitioners need to obtain informed consent for the care that they provide to their patients or clients. Caring for children and young people brings additional responsibilities for practitioners.
Good practice involves genuine efforts to understand the cultural needs and contexts of different patients or clients to obtain good health outcomes. Practitioners need to be aware that some patients or clients have additional requirements and modify their approach appropriately.
Maintaining and developing our knowledge, skills, and professional behaviour are central aspects of such good practice.
In addition to these resolutions drawn directly from the code, at Captivate Dental,
- We resolve to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our patients, always treating them in a warm, relaxed and comfortable environment.
- We resolve to treat people, not just their teeth. We build relationships with our patients. We measure success on the long-term relationships we build with our patients and their families, and not only the top-notch dental care we provide.
- We resolve to be trustworthy. We only recommend and perform treatments that we would be comfortable with for our families. We treat patients honestly, fairly, and with respect.
- We are dedicated to improving the overall quality of life for our patients and increasing their well-being using the most up-to-date diagnostic, maintenance, restorative, and cosmetic treatments. In pursuit of this, we engage in ongoing education and training.
- We recognise that every patient has unique needs and wants, and it is among our highest priorities to provide individualised care for every patient. We also recognise that good practice means a sincere effort to understand the cultural needs and contexts of our patients to achieve good health outcomes.
- We resolve to offer affordable care. We understand that the cost of dentistry can be intimidating. Therefore, our staff is trained to take advantage of all dental insurance benefits to make certain that our patients have minimised out of pocket payments.
- We resolve to provide dental services, treatments and products of professional quality and that meet the standards of the Australian Dental Association and other relevant agencies that govern the dental profession.
- We resolve to respect your time. We offer our patients appointments that fit their busy schedules, and we strive to begin our appointments on time and finish them on schedule. For your convenience, we offer appointments on Saturdays!
- We resolve to attend to your concerns. Many people have anxiety or fear of dentistry. At Captivate Dental we always do our best to make your dental visit as comfortable as possible. Never hesitate to tell us how we can make your treatment more comfortable, including your anaesthesia preferences!
Complete dental care in Moorabbin!
Captivate Dental is conveniently located in Moorabbin near Brighton (near Kingston City Hall and Moorabbin Station).
We provide the highest quality of care and enable patients to make informed choices. Our competent, caring staff provides value through excellent diagnostic skills and efficient use of the best quality materials.
Captivate Dental offers a wide variety of preventative and cosmetic dental treatment for kids, seniors, and everyone between!
For patients with busy schedules, we offer Saturday hours as well as late visits on Wednesday (by appointment only).
Our Promotions Include:
- Free Orthodontic Consultation
- Free Dental Implant Consultation
- No Gap Initial Examination, Clean, Fluoride treatment and 2x Xrays for all Private Health Insurance Dental coverage.
Call us on (03) 9553 1249 or visit us at 46 Station Street in Moorabbin.